Thursday, September 29, 2016

Nutrition

NUTRITION
 
In preparation for the upcoming 28 day challenge, I started posting the foods I eat. 
 
I thought this would be a good time to share my goals. I am using the Harris-Benedict Equation to calculate my caloric requirements (Katch McCardle comes in slightly lower) Here is the breakdown:
 
BMR:  1993.2   Harris Benedict
TDEE: 2740.7   At 37.50%
Wkly Weight Loss Goal: 2.0 - 2.5
Target Calorie Deficit   869.00 [32% of TDEE]
Target Net Daily Calories: 1,872
Additional Cal Burned/day:531   Cardio 5 days/week
Net Daily Calorie Deficit: 1,400
 
Macro Nutrients:
 
Carbs: 35%
Fat: 25%
Prot.: 40%
 
I have some work to do relative to attaining Macro Goals:
Reduce nut and cheese consumption
Increase Protein (protein drinks on the road)
 
I travel out of town every week Monday thru Thursday and have been working hard at meeting goals on the road. It's not perfect yet, but huge progress from the past. Major changes to my diet include:
 
No Gluten (bread, pasta, wheat snacks, etc..)
No refined sugar (cookies, cake, ice cream, etc..)
No Alcohol
No Chips
No fried food
 
Increase fish, chicken and lean red meat.
 
Next step - continue to work at achieving macro goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment