Monday, December 7, 2015

FODMAP

Fermentable Oligo-Di-Monosacchardies and Polyols FODMAP

I have been struggling with 'something' for some time now - it always presents itself when I change my eating habits - for example eating more complex carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables.

When my diet changes, I get sever abdominal cramps - I mean really bad... and often time it happens when I crunch or contract my mid sections. I am thinking it is gas... anyway, I am going to avoid foods high in FODMAP to see if the cramping goes away - good news is that foods high in protein are food and the alternative to wheat based foods is not so bad.

Odd that my MDs never mentioned this as a possible cause to my cramping.


Okay, I know, a lot of PMI... just blogging thoughts. I see this as a good thing

No comments:

Post a Comment