Saturday, August 27, 2016

Ending week 5 - Still going strong.

Ending week 5 - Still going strong.
 
This week was my first week on the road - I was fortunate to have four weeks working from home which allowed for kick starting my new life style.
 
I am happy to say that I lost 2.5 lbs this week. Granted not all was fat, but I think at this stage (very obese), I'm okay with it. Once I introduce resistance training on a more consistent basis I will pack on the muscle in no time. 
 
I resisted temptation to eat the creamy Creole/Cajun Louisiana food. I flew first class and said no to alcohol (one of the best perks) and had  banana and almonds that I had with me. 
 
My mind is still in the game. I feel good and am patient with the process - I know it will take me 8 months to get to my ultimate goal. As of now I am 3 lbs off target and at the rate I am going I expect to make it up. 
 
Another challenging week ahead - flying to Louisiana for two days then to Dallas for three days and then to Florida for some time off. Travel days are hard since you're tempted for a quick meal. The good thing is I am learning to adapt to healthy choices and preparation. 
 
Oh, one other challenge is that to prevent intense abdominal pain, I must avoid certain foods - they are called FODMAP. As it turns out, my diet is very similar to the Paleo Diet; however I have several modifications. I finally figured out ( not help from modern medicine) why every time I started to eat healthy I would get severe abdominal pain - smoothies made with yogurt, multi-grain and whole wheat breads, apples, beans and onions - all forbidden if I want to avoid gas in my intestine that causes severe abdominal pain. 
 
I've avoided bread, pizza, ice cream, beer and wine, chips and fried foods for 5 weeks and I feel great.
 
Week 6 - Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment